Helix3 is a Live CD built on top of Ubuntu. It focuses on incident response and computer forensics.
According to Helix3 Support Forum, e-fense is no longer planning on updating the free version of Helix.
- Live side for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux
- A bootable forensically sound environment based on Ubuntu
Open source forensic tools include:
- The Sleuth Kit (3.0.1, with “light” version of Autopsy, with libewf support)
- Several tools for mobile phone forensics
Other tools include:
- Helix3 Pro can automount some storage devices like firewire devices and MMC in read/write mode;
- Helix3 Pro relies on file system drivers to provide write protection, mounting some file system types (e.g. XFS) will result in several data writes to the original media.
Free version: Helix3